Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for 10 feet-12+ feet antique propeller

Hi -

I am looking to buy a large antique propeller. I am not set on any model or condition but want it to be as large as possible. Recently saw one that was 12 feet long that was a Goliath Salmson propeller and loved it. Looking for something similar.

Thanks for any help!

- Mark

That propeller was very suspect, in my opinion. It appeared on eBay a few weeks ago and didn't sell for the high bid of around $1200, then reappeared from a different seller, with the metal hub removed and a suspicious looking stamping of "Goliath Salmson" on the hub. That time around it sold for around $4k. I'm not saying that it was fraudulent, but I am saying that I can't explain why the stampings shown on the blades the first time around had gold fill in them and the stampings on the hub the second time around didn't. The propeller had been refinished at some point. I think gold fill was added into the existing stampings at that time, but somehow the "Goliath Salmson" part escaped that modification.

Many of the Liberty engine propellers are 9 1/2 feet in length, and there are several others of similar length for sale on my web page of props for sale, including this Curtiss R4 which is 9' 8" and is in original condition.
    Last edited by Dave; 04-28-2011, 10:10 PM.
    Dave

Comment

Originally posted by markus1780 View Post
      Hi -

I am looking to buy a large antique propeller. I am not set on any model or condition but want it to be as large as possible. Recently saw one that was 12 feet long that was a Goliath Salmson propeller and loved it. Looking for something similar.

Thanks for any help!

- Mark
      I have a nice 12 foot wooden propeller probably from WW1, unrestored with one small splinter off of the back edge. Wouldn't part with it for less than about $6000. It is the only one I have ever run across like it.
      Bob

Comment

Hi Bob -

I am very interested in your propeller. Can you email me some pictures? markus1780@hotmail.com

Thanks Bob,

- Mark

Comment

Mahogany R6 propeller for sale

Mark, I've currently got a very nice 9'6" Navy R6 propeller listed on ebay. You might want to check it out.
          Thanks, Scott

Comment

Hi,
            Are you still interested in a propeller?
            Please let me know. I have one 9'6" long.
            Sincerely,
            Yaacov

Comment

Greetings Yaacov, Yes I am interested. I can be contacted at msprior01@gmail.com If you could post some pictures along with your asking price that would be great.
              Thanks, Scott

Comment

Originally posted by markus1780 View Post
                Hi Bob -

I am very interested in your propeller. Can you email me some pictures? markus1780@hotmail.com

Thanks Bob,

- Mark
                Sorry but I didn't know you had ever tried to contact me. I was just going thru the ads this evening and saw your reply. I can get a picture of it to show the condition. It is 12 feet long probably from a WWI bomber. I will send pictures of it in the next day or two. Also have two huge 4 blade props from a WWI bomber or seaplane. Most likely from a Navy flying boat like is in the Museum at Pensacola. I might snap a picture of them as well but I will be wanting about $10,000 for it. I have had the two matching props since the 1960's.
                Bob

Comment

Working...
                X