Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help identifying prop

Hello gang,

I am considering purchasing a wood prop from a seller who claims this prop is a vintage Sensenich 72' inch . The pictures are very good and the prop appears to be in excellent condition. Since the seller wants a considerable amount of money for it, I wan to ensure I am buying the real thing.

The serial number is 61082 and there is a stray "2" on the other side.

The prop does not appear to have any metal or leather on the leading edges. It also has six holes.

I looked on Sensenich's website and the simply indicate, if the serial number does not have a letter prefix then it was probably manufactured between 1932 and 1942.

How can I know for sure if this is an aircraft prop and not an airboat prop?

Thanks, and any help I would appreciate. You can reply back here or write me at j.p.brubaker@verizon.net

Thanks!!!!

Post a picture here if you can. I would be very reluctant to pay a "considerable amount of money" for any 72 inch Sensenich prop, even in perfect condition. They are very common and come up on EBay frequently. If there is no drawing number on this one it's unlikely that it's a certified aircraft propeller.
    Dave

Comment

Working...
    X