Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a metal prop identification site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a metal prop identification site?

Hello all, great to find a site such as this dedicated to vintage wooden propellers! At the moment however I am trying to identify some metal propellers, probably from the 30's, by Hamilton Standard and Hartzell. Does anyone know of a similar resource to this site for metal propellers?

Thanks much,

Joe

I've never seen one, but if you come across one please post it here for others who may be looking. Thanks.

Comment

I'll be sure to do that! If anyone here could possibly help I'm trying to get info on a Hamilton Standard prop, ATC 318, DRWG D7C1 1/2 -9, 55 1/2" blades. A Hartzell prop DRWG 5704-6-1, contract number 97762, 52 1/4" blades. A Hamilton Standard prop DRWG 4893G-9, contract number 24341, 52 3/8" blades. Any info appreciated!

Comment

Have you tried contacting the manufacturers themselves? With metal props, the lifespan is such that they can remain serviceable for a longer time, so the manufacturers may be more compelled to keep the data accessible. Many of the wooden props simply became obsolete, and the manufacturers probably never envisioned that they would some day be "collectible".
        Dave

Comment

Working...
        X