Can you help identify this propeller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you help identify this propeller?

Hi, new member, first post. I came across a sensenich bros propeller that is in excellent condition. It was obtained by a USAF pilot a long time ago and I am researching it for a friend. The info displayed on the propeller: Des90hsp80, Ser 39741, Hp 180, Rpm 1830. I surmise in comes from Lititz, Pa. I will try and attach photos. Any help in identifying it is appreciated. Steve
    Attached Files

It doesn't show up in the Sensenich listings, although it's obviously a production propeller and uses their nomenclature logic. Looking at all of the 90 inch HSP variants (I'd have to look it up but I believe the HSP indicates an integrated spinner made of plywood) I don't see any of them applying to a 180 HP engine, nor do I see any of them certificated for a pitch of 80 inches.

It may be a special order and may not be built to Type Certificate specifications.

It certainly looks to be in nice shape, and those original Lititz style decals are great.
    Dave

Comment

Follow up

Thanks Dave, I will continue to research this prop as I have caught the bug. I'm currently thinking it belonged on a Kinney or Ryan P-22 of some type. The pictures seem to be more closely correct to my prop. Will continue to monitor for more opinions. Thanks,

Steve

Comment

Working...
      X