Crescent No 45 Wooden Propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crescent No 45 Wooden Propeller

I have a Crescent no 45 wooden propeller. I have not been able to find out much about it and the NASM has been very slow with any information.
    It is about 74.5" in diameter and has a six hole hub. There are no decals on the prop but the name "Crescent" and "NO 45" are stamped into one of the blades near the hub.
    Does any one have any idea on this?
    Please advise and Thanks
    Pete

I have no idea, and there are literally hundreds or even thousands of possibilities.

Do you have a picture? Sometimes it's apparent that it's for some application other than aircraft.

Comment

Crescent # 45

Here are some photos of the propeller in question:
      DSCF0088.jpg

DSCF0089.jpg

DSCF0094.jpg

DSCF0090.jpg

DSCF0092.jpg

DSCF0091.jpg

Comment

Well, all I can say is that it looks like a propeller that would be used on a certificated airplane and that it has been mounted and used on one. The size and shape suggests that it have been used on one of many low to medium horsepower engines used on a whole variety of aircraft. Look at the Sensenich page for aircraft that used their props of that size (or close to it) to get an idea.

Comment

Crescent No 45 propeller

What is the value of something like this?

Comment

Hard to say for sure, especially when its identification is mostly guesswork. I think you'd see it sell on eBay for something in the $300 to $500 range now. A few years ago it might be more like $150.

Comment

Working...
            X