Dehavilland For Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dehavilland For Sale

Hi all. I am new to this and selling a DEH 815 RH NO. 13744. I do not know the value and it is in good condition.

Would anyone be able to tell me what it is worth and would anyone like to purchase it?

I am located in NJ.

Thanks,
    Jeff

I don't think it's a DeHavilland propeller, although there's not enough information to know either way. It looks like a U.S. manufactured stamping.

Value covers a very broad range and is highly dependent on condition and identification, neither of which could be determined without seeing it in some form.

Comment

Deh

Please look at the pictures and see what you think it is?

Jeff
      Attached Files

Comment

Here are two more pictures if that helps.
        Attached Files

Comment

Can you post a picture of the entire prop?

It's best taken as if the camera is looking straight down the center bore. Are there decals on the blades? Also, look closely on the metal sheathing to see if there is a patent number.

The stamping prefix is "DES H", not "DEH", so I don't think it has anything to do with DeHavilland. DES is just for "design".
          Dave

Comment

propeller for sale!

HI Jeff, I may be interested in a purchase. I can be reached at msprior02@gmail.com.
            Thanks, Scott

Comment

I do not see any other numbers. One hole on one side is larger than the others and there seems to be a decal, but I can not read it.
              Pictures are: two of the prop, one of the hole and one of the decal
              Attached Files

Comment

Yes, that's a Hamilton Aero Mfg. Co propeller, most likely from the late 20s before Hamilton merged with Standard to form Hamilton-Standard. I've always suspected that the "H" in the design number nomenclature designated Hamilton, and this helps support that. Unfortunately, I've never been able to find a list of Hamilton props and their applications. You may be able to determine a likely engine based on the hub dimensions. See this link for details.

And here's one that's similar to yours. I sold it several years ago.

It's nice that it's in original condition, despite the aging, and that increases its value considerably.
                Dave

Comment

Did it got sold?

Comment

Working...
                  X