Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lewis Wanted L11CK-45

Hi,

I have an almost completely stock Luscombe 8A Skypal that originally came with a Lewis L11CK-45 installed and would like to find one. (or a L11BK-42).

Just found this website and thought I would post to see what might pop up for sale.

Thanks,

Tom
    Last edited by Proppuller; 11-24-2013, 10:13 PM.

skypal?

Hello from Dennis in Seattle. Being that I have a bit of experience with luscombe aircraft, I am curious to see a picture of what a 8 A skypal looks like, the term " skypal " doesnt seem familiar to me, so if its based on the 8 A frame and wings, it will be interesting to see if this " skypal " designation has any unique elements to it. Some pictures will be appreciated.

Sincerely,
    Dennis Hicklin
    Seattle Washington
    Attached Files
    Last edited by D.Hicklin; 11-27-2013, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Skypal

Hi.

The skypal was produced in 1948-1949 only right before Luscombe went out of business. It is basically an 8A standard but they called it a skypal and marketed it at $2095. Swicks book talks all about them.

I believe they made a total of 151 of them. They all had blue stripes on an unpainted fuselage with no extras.

I'll see if I have a picture of ours on my phone.

All of them end in B. Ours is NC1953B

Tom

Comment

Skypal

Folks,

I have a 1948 8A that started life as a Skypal. It now has put on a lot of weight (like some of the rest of us about the same age) and has hand start C90-8, 2 wing tanks, a battery, wind driven alternator, com radio, transponder, metal prop and a larger tailwheel. It flies great and is rigged right. It has the bare metal airframe with the blue fuselage stripes. If you do an Internet search using "Luscombe N2010B" you will find a handful of photos.

Skot

Comment

Sensenich Luscombe propeller for sale!

Hello Luscombe people, I've just listed a 76" Sensenich propeller for the Luscombe 8A on Ebay. It is a 3 day No Reserve auction for last minute Christmas shopping. Hope you check it out.
          Merry Christmas to all at Woodenpropeller.com
          Scott

Comment

Working...
          X