Sopwith Prop For Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sopwith Prop For Sale

I have a Sopwith camel propeller that has been in my family since the mid 1950s. I am posting this to see if there’s anyone interested in purchasing it. I will take photos if there’s any interest.

A little history of this particular prop:

My father was friends with a man named John Henry Smith and his son Murray. Back in the 1950s, John Henry Smith gave my father this propeller as a gift. When I started my career in aviation back in the 1970s, my father gave the propeller to me. He told me where he got it, but I never gave it much thought. Then recently, I decided to see who this John Henry Smith from Forest Hills was. I almost fell over. I discovered that John Henry Smith was a WWI Canadian Ace who actually shared some kills with Capt Donald MacLaren, Capt Cecil Marchant, Lt Victor Yeates.

Here is a little history of John Henry Smith

Let me know if you would be interested. Thanks.

Also, apparently the family of John Henry Smith are selling off some more of his belongings if anyone is interested in putting a collection together.

I'm definitely interested. Can you send pics? Use dbahnson at gmail.com ( but use @, as in normal email address) Do you have a price in mind?
    Dave

Comment

Dave, I just sent you some photos. Sorry for the poor lighting.

Comment

Interested in the Prop

Hello
        What City is the prop located in, can you post some photos and how much are you asking?
        Russell in Ottawa Ont.

Comment

Working...
        X