Sensenich propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensenich propeller

This is my first post on this excessively complex web site -- I hope I get it right.

I have a Sensenich wooden propeller I would like to get rid of -- not throw it in the trash. The only thing I know about it is that my Dad said it came from a Navy training plane he flew about 1940. Two blades, about 6' long, metal edging on the tips, Sensenich Bros decal on the blades. I don't see a serial number, but I don't know where to look.

Help.

jackpurl

On the hub (the center section between the blades) or on a blade very near the hub should be a design number (abbreviated DES) should be stamped. Also a serial number. Using the design number, hopefully you can determine its usage here: http://www.modernwoodenpropellers.com/sensenich.htm and using the serial number determine its approximate manufacturing date here: http://woodenpropeller.com/Sensenichdates.pdf.

In order to successfully sell it I suggest uploading very good pictures clearly in focus, a description of the condition and your location.

Lamar

Comment

sensenich propeller

here's the model/serial number data: Model 82RS72 Serial C-9127 HP 200 RPM 2450 8 bolt holes in the hub

The propeller is in good condition -- good, but not great. There are no dings, dents or cracks -- but there's a bit of dirt on it and the metal edging is tarnished (not rusted)

Does this help identify this propeller and give some value for it??

Comment

Condition is very important. I would suggest you search and watch eBay completed auctions for prices actually realized on props most like yours. Asking prices are useless and frequently beyond reality.

Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by jackpurl View Post
          here's the model/serial number data: Model 82RS72 Serial C-9127 HP 200 RPM 2450 8 bolt holes in the hub

The propeller is in good condition -- good, but not great. There are no dings, dents or cracks -- but there's a bit of dirt on it and the metal edging is tarnished (not rusted)

Does this help identify this propeller and give some value for it??
          See prior suggestion about pictures and identification.
          Dave

Comment

Working...
          X