For sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For sale

i have identified my propeller, and now i want to know what it is worth, because i need to sell it. it is a senseich, 72CK-42, I-7178 6 footer, it is in amazing orrigional shape, made in 1946.

i saw a very siminar one on american pickers, it was picked for 1200 bucks, and valued at 2000, in the shape it was in,.. mine happens to be in a lot better shape and the apraiser valued on in better condition of upwards of 4 or 5000.00 it is a beautiful, all orrigional piece. perfect for a restoration project, or for a collector.

Keith, you won't get anything near that price here among knowlegeable people. They just plain aren't worth that much or anywhere near that. I would even question the American Pickers assessment of $1200 for a similar one. Check "completed listings" on eBay. You'll see comparable props selling for under $700.

Note the number of bids on both of these that actually SOLD last week. (Asking prices or opening bid prices mean absolutely nothing.) With a large number of bidders it's usually a good bet that the final price is very close to a "market price".

Attached Files
    Dave

Comment

price reality

Dave is spot on when it comes to the value of these props. I have an S&S prop for avro anson, I paid 750.00 for it years ago, but I doubt very seriously if I could get over 600.00 for it in todays ecconomy. So indeed, if you can get a unknowing person to pay $5000.00 for that prop, do it, but check to see if the ink is wet on the cash, or if it says parker brothers monopoly money on the bottom of the paper.

Good luck with that.
      Dennis Hicklin

Comment

Working...
      X