Want to buy vintage wooden airplane propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to buy vintage wooden airplane propeller

I would like to buy a vintage wooden airplane propeller for my son. I've looked on ebay and I don't know the difference between a propeller for a boat and an airplane. One described it as an airplane propeller, but someone wrote in and told him it was for a boat. I don't know the difference, but I'm sure my son would. I wanted to surprise him, but need help. Does anyone know where I can get a propeller for an airplane, but doesn't cost a lot? My son is very handy and could refinish it.

wall hanger props

A friend of mine has three 82-86" one with a big ole Koppers variable hub...johnrbts@gmail.com for pixs

Comment

Originally posted by clutter2 View Post
      I would like to buy a vintage wooden airplane propeller for my son. I've looked on ebay and I don't know the difference between a propeller for a boat and an airplane. One described it as an airplane propeller, but someone wrote in and told him it was for a boat. I don't know the difference, but I'm sure my son would. I wanted to surprise him, but need help. Does anyone know where I can get a propeller for an airplane, but doesn't cost a lot? My son is very handy and could refinish it.
      I have a vintage Paragon..that was likely used around 1916 or so on a "Jenny"...Photo below. However I wouldn't advise "refinishing" it, as it would (in my opinion) seriously devalue it. It's heavy (oak) and wouldn't be "cheap" either to buy, or ship...but if you're interested, let me know.

[/QUOTE]

Comment

Working...
      X