Inherited Sensenich & Flottorp Propellers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inherited Sensenich & Flottorp Propellers

My wife just inherited 4 propellers from her mother whose husband, my wife’s step-father, who was an aircraft mechanic, had these propellers under their bed that her mother had said for years.
    We would like to sell them but do not know a fair value and if there is a market for them. They would make beautiful wall hangers, if your into that. Asked my golf buddies who are aviation people and only one said that if I was giving it away he may take one for free. Like that’s gonna happen.
    Ok that’s my story now the info on two I have good information on:
    # 1: SENSENICH (72”)
    Engravings: *HOINESNES
    P.C. No. 1
    T.C. No.691
    720K44
    W7159
    Serial number shows a manufacture date of between 7/65 to 11/66.
    Condition: Good
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Asti@home; 06-20-2015, 12:20 AM.

http://www.woodenpropeller.com/MWPSensenich.html

Comment

Propellers for sale!

Hi Asti@home, I am interested in a purchase. I can be reached at msprior02@gmail.com
      Thanks, Scott

Comment

Propellers

Hello Scott in Virginia,
        Happy to give you more info on the propellers.
        The other two in the picture are a (#3) HARTZELL (85”)
        Engravings: none visible
        Tag on Hub: THE WARNER AIRCRAFT CORP. ASSEM. No. 8808
        on leading edge: HARTZELL
        The final one (# 4) measures out to 100” tip to tip.
        Engravings: SC 31408 - X 419 - PART No. 13706 - DIA. 84
        I’m out in Las Vegas, NV.
        Which one are you interested in?
        Robert
        Asti@home

Comment

The bottom one is likely for an OX5 engine, and likely used on the Curtiss JN4. That's a Signal Corps number on the stampings.

Comment

Wow, that’s very interesting. Looked up the Curtiss JN4, it’s a biplane.
            Is there some way to put a date on it? I was 8 years USAF aircraft mechanic and then aircraft electrician, VietNam Vet. and if I had a place for it I would surely wall hang it. I was a crew chief of a C-123K on flying status with a run and taxi license while i was in VietNam, so I know what a recept is like, not like these suck & blow aircraft.

Comment

Propellers!

Hi Robert, Thanks for the additional info. Could I get a few pics of the opposite side (side with engravings) of the 2 larger propellers? Please send to msprior02@gmail.com
              Thanks, Scott

Comment

You won't likely ever get a "specific" date on it. The Signal Corps number is relatively high (31,000+) so my best guess would be the twenties, maybe even the early twenties, but that's not much more than a guess.

Comment

4 Propellers

Hi Robert,
                  The largest propeller at bottom of your picture looks like it could be a Flottorp. Do you know if that is the case and is it still for sale?
                  Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X