Flottorp/Univair 69L-42

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flottorp/Univair 69L-42

I recently acquired a propeller that I'm trying to get some info on. Here are the markings.

DFS.69L-42

It has a 6 hole bolt pattern and brass on the blades. I believe it is a Flottorp... or possibly a Univair.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    Attached Files

Both Flottorp and Univair used that design number (69L42) so without decals you can't be sure which it is. I suppose you could compare stamping "signatures" with known props from those two, but it doesn't make much difference who manufactured it.
    Dave

Comment

Thanks for the response Dave.. Any suggestions on getting a value on it? It's in excellent condition, besides the missing decals it's near mint.

Comment

Search on ebay under "wooden propeller" and look at the completed sales.

I'm afraid the absence of decals is a significant detraction from its value. It's likely not airworthy, so its value as a display propeller rests heavily on its appearance, and original condition is very important in that respect. It's likely it was refinished at some point, as most of those also had fabric covering over the tips and under the metal sheathing.
        Dave

Comment

My propeller has the same 69L42 marking and it has definitely been mounted, so it is air worthy. I believe it is a Flottorp, but someone slapped a Sensenich sticker on it for some reason. No clue what its value is.

Comment

Working...
          X