• Are these model numbers authentic

Sensenich propellers

Model 90 HSP 90
    Serial 60486
    HP 160
    RPM 1850

Model 72C 42 M
    Serial M4140

I certainly think so. They don't always match perfectly the numbers on the listed models, and I'll have to do some research to find out what the "M" signifies on the smaller one.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. If the propellers are in 'good' condition with minor nicks, what do you think its value is?

Also any idea around the year in which it is manufactured? Or any options to procure any old paperwork around these propellers?

Comment

The smaller prop was made in November or December, 1946. The larger prop was made between 1932 and 1942. See this page.

I'd have to see them to have any idea of value. There is a lot of variability. Condition (or absence) of decals is a good start. You can get some idea by checking "completed" sales of similar ones on eBay, but even that can be misleading.

You won't likely find any relevant paperwork on the specific propellers, as their installation(s) are not archived in any central location. It would take an extremely improbable stumble across an aircraft log that happened to match a propeller (and assume the serial number was recorded) to tie it to a specific plane or event.

Comment

Thank you thank you!!!

Decals are present and in decent condition. Can read it, just its sides are sort of dried out. Are we talking $100 or $500 or $1000 or more for these props? Just to get an idea.

Comment

Probably closer to $500, but it makes a difference, for instance, what style of decal they have. They are by no means "rare", and Wag Aero used to sell non-airworthy ones for around $200.

Comment

Working...
            X