Another unidentified prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another unidentified prop

Hi guys...newbie here looking for prop id help...this prop was given to me in about 1967 (i was 13)by an older neighbor and if he told me what it came from i can't rember...as an adult i was always wondering what its origins are as old neighbor passed on several decades ago...there are numbers on the center hub area which are partially legible... Line 1 55RN44...line 2...D43582 and below that N I...there seems to be more but near imposible to see let alone read...see pics...prop is 59 inches long...lines on one side of hub may be a clue as well...thanks now for any help and or imput...cliff
    Attached Files

It looks like a Sensenich prop based on the paint color on the tips. The tips themselves appear to have been cut down, possibly due to damage in a prop strike. Although the paint on the canvas tips looks original, I'm guessing that the wood surface was sanded down, removing decals as well as obscuring stamped details.

Without being able to read stamped information, it's impossible to know what model it is, and there are dozens of possibilities. The identifying information is in this unreadable "55RN44", where the first two digits represent the length in inches from tip to tip, the letters in the middle represent the engine type, and the last two digits represent the pitch. You can see all of the possibilities on this page. You might come up with a good guess if you can measure where the end of the tips might be to come up with a length and then try to match it to the pitch of 44 in that listing.

Comment

Well thanks for the reply...i suspected the sanding annd some one drilled holes to hang it for display...so cutting it down fits the scenario...boy...will look and post results...thanks again

Comment

Working...
      X