Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of propeller - which a/c?

Dear all,

For more then 20 yrs we have a wooden propeller in our office and I'm curious from what kind of a/c it's from, how old it is etc.

On the propeller it says:
    AD555
    RIGHT HAND
    130HP CLERGET
    D2640
    P2630

I understand Clerget is a type of engine with 130HP but from what kind of aircraft is it, how old etc.?

Hopefully someone can tell me a bit more about the propeller.

Thanks / kind regards,

Sven

The drawing number, AD555 is listed with a parenthetical "H" but lists the Clerget engine. The diameter and pitch on yours is different than the first one listed, and the second one doesn't list the diameter/pitch, but does list the 130 engine only.

I'm guessing that it was most likely designed for the Nieuport, although it doesn't specify which model, and there are some inconsistencies in the listing.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dbahnson View Post
      The drawing number, AD555 is listed with a parenthetical "H" but lists the Clerget engine. The diameter and pitch on yours is different than the first one listed, and the second one doesn't list the diameter/pitch, but does list the 130 engine only.

I'm guessing that it was most likely designed for the Nieuport, although it doesn't specify which model, and there are some inconsistencies in the listing.
      Dear D,

Thaks for info. I will look if I can find more about the Nieuport! FYI I've checked agian and made a mistake in the last number this must be: 1584 don't know if this makes a big difference?!

Thanks again / kind regards, Sven

Comment

I think that's just the serial number.
        Dave

Comment

Working...
        X