1930's? Sensenich 86" wooden propeller, need help identify

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1930's? Sensenich 86" wooden propeller, need help identify

I have a Sensenich signed wooden propeller...trying to find out what aircraft it might have come from. Photos attached. Also interested in value, as I am trying to sell it - want it to go to a good aviator home, someone who will appreciate it.

Came from the estate of a woman named Bonnie, who was an aviation mechanic, restoration expert, first female graduate of Ellis Tech (Hartford, CT area) in the 1970's. She restored most of the vintage aircraft at the Windsor Locks air museum after it was hit by a tornado back in the mid-1970's.

86" inches length = to 7’ feet, 2” inches.
    Hub is approximately 8" inches in diameter, and tips and leading edges are brass clad.
    Serial number 69935 is marked on the hub, dating it to the 1930’s, I believe.
    Model number 86R-61 marked on one side of the propeller. Also marked HP 200 max (horsepower) and RPM 2450 max (Revolutions Per Minute) in the same place.
    Marked "SENSENICH" on propellor, too.
    Center hole is about 3.5" - 3 7/8" inches. There are 8 bolt holes.

Thank you very much!
    Gay

Gay Sherman, M.Ed.
    Educator associated with Katama Airfield, Edgartown, Mass. (Martha's Vineyard)
    Attached Files

It's for one of the Fairchild models listed here.

It's not particularly rare or collectible. It's been re-finished (no decals) and some modification made to the hub, both of which reduce its value, but I'd guess something in the $500 range. You can get a fairly good idea by checking "Completed Listings" on a eBay search for "wooden propeller". Prices vary a lot, and many asking prices are not realistic.

Comment

Working...
    X