Looking for information on Sensenich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for information on Sensenich

We have had a Sensenich wooden propeller for 35 years in our barn. I am trying to identify and get a sense of value and how/where to market now that my husband has Dementia. I know by the decal it is a Sensenich. The serial number is worn but appears to be E or F (0?)894. At the top pf the hub it reads H1894 with 1 and 2 on either side of the center hole. It measures 70 inches. Thank you for any information.
    Attached Files

It has the more modern decals and was likely manufactured in either 1944 or 1945 if the serial number is "E" or "F". It's a bit more likely that the serial number is the "H1894" that you can read more clearly, in which case it would have been manufactured in 1946.

See this list, and look at all of the design numbers that begin with "70" (the length in inches) to get an idea of how many aircraft might have used it.

I think your best bet is to try to sell it on eBay. Properly presented I would expect something in the $500 to $600 range, but it could go for more than that if it starts a bidding war. Personally, I would list it with an opening bid of $400 and hope it attracts enough interest to keep people bidding it higher. It's size makes shipping fairly easy, including simply wrapping it in bubble wrap. (Post back here if you want more advice on the whole process.)

Don't try to clean it up or restore it in any way. You'll only reduce its value.

Comment

Working...
    X