WW1 propellor manufacturer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WW1 propellor manufacturer

Who makes propellors authentic and functional for world war one planes? Has anyone had any bad experiences , or can they recommend anyone ? The reason Im asking is because my brother builds them down here in New Zealand. He has no website. Yet hes designed and built quite alot . Pilots are very happy with the the foxprops ,(as he calls them). Personally I feel he undersells himself and I would like to know what demand there is out there for a quallity product

One source that I have recommended in the past is Chad Wille at St. Croix Propellers in Iowa, U.S.A. There is clearly some demand for them, as most people would be reluctant to use an original propeller on an authentic antique or replica aircraft.
    Dave

Comment

I agree with Dave, Chad is a very good builder and only builds propellers for early aircraft. His work is excellent.

As far as WW 1 propellers go, I have built 3 (some info available in an earlier thread on Heine props) and a good friend has built 6+. All of these used traditional techniques and woods etc. Are you looking for answers to building questions or seeking buyers? Does your brother work with TVAL?

Regards
      John

Comment

Glad to hear this. Pilots are excellent.

Comment

Working...
        X