Unknown Prop For Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown Prop For Sale

Can someone help me identify a propeller from my father's estate. Also if possible an estimate on it's worth.

You may view pictures at the following:

http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk142/1944dpc

Thank You for any help

Don Carlson

I cannot read the markings on the hub in the picture. Can you post that information here?

Lamar

Comment

Lamar

Thank you for your interest. As far as I can determine, the faint markings contain the following in part:

Top line: 22 or SSEL 42

Middle line: SER NO. 39

Bottom Line: SEC CO

The photo is actually easier to read than the real prop it is really faint

Did you click on the photo to enlarge it?

Thanks again,

Don Carlson

Comment

Yes I did enlarge the photo.

I'm not familiar with those markings and cannot connect them to a manufacturer. Regrettably, I'm unable to help here.

Lamar

Comment

THANKS!

Comment

You may never know exactly what it's from, but it certainly resembles a typical light plane (trainer) type propeller from a small engine, like a Continental or Franklin. Those usually sell on eBay for something in the $150 to $300 range, although without any identification or decals, yours might sell for less than that. Just a guess.
            Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave, I appreciate your input.

Don

Comment

I don't know what you prop fits, but it has to be a counter rotating engine, not your standard Lyc or Cont. Mike Gunderson 715 257 7361

Comment

Working...
                X