Appreciate guidance finding value of Sensenich Bros. prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appreciate guidance finding value of Sensenich Bros. prop

Hello! What a cool site. I have a Sensenich Bros. wood prop that is 9 feet across, has beautiful wood and seems in great condition. My husband was a private and airline pilot and in the early 1970's we bought the prop at a place called United Housewrecking in Mammaroneck, N.Y. My husband was a young pilot and thrilled to find the prop. We had it hanging for years in N.Y. Now I'm in Florida and it is on top of a 12 foot ledge so if I'm going to climb a ladder for identification I want to know where to look. I remember he called someone shortly after we purchased it and got an old man on the phone who knew all about it and it seems he said it came from a Waco. I've seen similar props on ebay but not as long or in such good shape. Any suggestions on finding out value, selling, etc. greatly appreciated. I have pictures but I can't figure out how to post them.

Hi qzee and welcome to the Forum,

You can find instructions on posting photos here: http://woodenpropeller.com/forumvB/showthread.php?t=699

Markings on your prop are stamped into the wood either on a blade near the hub or on the edge of the hub itself. You will be looking for a design number and a serial number. In the case of Sensenich, you can determine the period of manufacture from the serial.

Once you have this information you can look it up at http://www.modernwoodenpropellers.com/sensenich.htm

Lamar

Comment

Thank You, and I still need help with sensenich identification

Well, I got this giant prop down from the very high shelf and it has the following information on it: SER.NO. E8714, and it also says MODEL 100 and SENSENICH. I live near the Spruce Creek Fly-IN in Daytona Beach (Port Orange) and I thought a pilot there might want to buy it but I have no idea on price, etc. Any help again greatly appreciated. I'll try to get a picture on if I find the link. thank you. I took pics but I don't see how to attach

Comment

The serial number indicates it was made between October 1944 and March 1945. Unfortunately Model 100 means nothing to me. It should have a design number stamped into it. The format of the design number is two or three numbers that indicate the diameter (length) in inches, followed by some letters that identify various options, then followed by two numbers that indicate the pitch. There are exceptions to this format but it holds true a majority of the time. Sometimes the design number is preceded by the letters DES or DESN.

So far as attaching pictures, when you reply or create a post there is a section below the text named Additional Options. Within these options there is a button labeled Manage Attachments. Keep in mind that size of a picture may become an issue. The How To Post Photos link above is very helpful and gives step-by-step instructions.

So far as selling it, you may be able to take it to a fly-in and sell it but by far I think your best bet is to list it on eBay. You will get exposure to the maximum number of potential buyers.

Price will depend greatly on condition so pictures would help us a lot.

Lamar

Comment

Working...
        X