Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beech prop

Hi,

I received pictures of an automatic variable pitch propeller with apparently wooden shielded blades. Any info welcome ! Diameter about 2.24 meters (~88").

Best regards,
    Pierre-Michel

EDIT: The pictures are so good I forgot to copy what the owner wrote about the markings:
    Voici les inscriptions de sa plaque signalétique :
    HUB ASSEM B200 -100 (354)
    SERIAL 4-108 T.C 067 P.C 5O ou 5C
    BEECH AIRCRAFT CORP WICHITA KANSAS
    Attached Files

I think the expert on these newer variable pitch props is Monte Chase. I think he can be contacted via his web site, www.notplanejane.com.

He has a huge collection of them and knows a lot about the topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Dbahnson View Post
      I think the expert on these newer variable pitch props is Monte Chase. I think he can be contacted via his web site, www.notplanejane.com.

He has a huge collection of them and knows a lot about the topic.
      Yes! Fine idea! Monte Chase told me the prop has been used on B-35 Bonanza and some others Beech types: B35A, C35, D35, E35, 35R, 45 (= military YT-34), et 50 (military L-23A) with engine up to 250 HP.

I was wrong to write about an automatic variable pitch propeller in my post: it was electrically manually controllable from the cockpit.

More recent type of "Bonanza" (B-36) uses a three baded prop.

A 1947 advertisement for the first Model 35 Bonanza in 1947 shows a variable pitch propeller with same shielded blades:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:A..._May,_1947.jpg

Best regards, and thanks again for the guidance!
      Pierre-Michel

Comment

Working...
      X