Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GYPSY MAJOR, Not showing off just need some help with valuation

Hello All,

I am new to this forum, I am an aviation enthusiast, I still fly and I held at one time a Commercial, MEL ,IFR.
    I regularly fly now in the BC and Albert Rockies in a Cessna 182, no longer current IFR.

I do collect aviation items, I have a few instruments from WW II aircraft. Sometime ago I was lucky enough to buy a propeller from a Gypsy Major. Actually I purchased it from the widow of the fellow who owned the Gypsy Major at one time. The lady was 80 years young and still flew an Aircoupe.
    I am attaching a photo (albeit not the best quality of photo). I have been looking for a wooden prop that I could afford for years and I intend to keep it. I have it prominently displayed in the loft of our timber frame home.

The following are descriptions of the markings on this propeller:

G-G-100B
    SER. A1714

DIA 80", PIT 52.7 ) Top of hub
    GIPSY MAJOR )

Next to SER. There are 3 markings or
    stamps.
    Could these be Certification
    Stamps?
    Back of prop. Edge of hub at blade
    the following: 1 14.6, 2 C
    Two Decals: "Almost unreadadable"
    One @ blade: starts with the letter "G", ends with "ED". Some kind of seal.

I am attaching a photo, albeit not thre best.

Thanks for whatever opinion or comment that you can provide.

Flylabineski
    Attached Files

Gipsy Major propeller

HI I have a the same prop by the sounds of it similiar numbers G100B ser#A2006, 8 hole, 80 in ,pit 52.7 gipsy major man. jan 1943 made by Granby reply if you wish .EARL

Comment

Hello Earl,

At least I know now better when the prop was manufactured. Who is or was Granby?
      I purchased the prop from the widow of the fellow who owned and flew the Tiger Moth.

Thanks for the response

Andre

Comment

Gipsy prop

HI Aundre. All the logo says is grunby aviation ltd i havent been able to track the company.I am kind of looking for a value it is in nice cond., apart from the varnish , It was bad so i striped it no delamination and no sign of being even bolted on to anything.This prop looks the same as yours. EARL

Comment

HI Aundre The decal name is Grandby not Granby sorry --- EARL

Comment

HI Aundre If you look in modern wood propellers decals you will see the exact decal on my prop Grundby aviation ltd and the crest------EARL

Comment

Working...
            X