Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100" OX5 propeller?

Hi all,
    New here. Seemed like the right place to come and ask about this prop. My Dad got it from a relative who was an antique dealer who found it in a barn about 40-45 years ago. I remember my Dad's first question to her, "where is the barn and is the rest of the plane in it?" It wasn't darnit......
    I've stored this in my DRY basement since he passed in 1988.

I already have a Sensenich prop over my fireplace so I really don't have a need for it and be nice if someone would get some pleasure from having it.

Anybody can tell me what its worth and how I might go about selling it? I am not looking to get retail of course, if somebody resells fine by me. From reading here on this site I do believe it is worth something though.

Thanks for your help!

Dave
    Attached Files

I can't quite make out the stampings in the photo, but it looks like OX5 is one of them, and it looks like a typical "toothpick" prop used on aircraft like the JN4 "Jenny", although you can't be certain of that. It also looks like it's in original condition, which is good.

Sales of all collectibles are slow in this economy, and I've noticed a real slow down on sales on eBay. In the past I think you'd have easily sold it for $1200 to $1500, but I have no idea what it would actually go for now, and even that would depend on better details of its condition.

If you are just looking for a way to find it a good home, PM me and I can help you with that, including possibly re-selling it for you.
    Dave

Comment

Dave,
      Sent you a PM yesterday.
      Dave

Comment

Working...
      X