Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heine propeller authenticity

Greetings-
    After looking for some time for a propeller to hang over my fireplace, I purchased a Heine propeller. I have a few questions regarding this piece and would appreciate any help in determining facts relating to it.
    First off, this wood propeller is black with what appears to be chrome leading edges.
    It is a 6 bolt configuration with a Hirth Nabe plate covering the hub.
    A partially readable painted specification states Hugo Heine Berlin.
    Other spec numbers are not readable
    On the spec area after the Motor designation states H79???
    A number is stamped into the wood and reads 53550.
    The length is aprrox 76 1/2".
    Center hub measures 6 3/8".

Any ideas? Is the black paint the result of a refinish?
    All help in determining the history of this propeller and the aircraft that it once was mated to is greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Welcome to the forum Bluegrass.

I can't tell you much about your Heine prop except that from the serial number it dates to around 1931 and that a black finish was applied to all Heine props in the 1920's and 1930's. The diameter indicates a low powered engine. H79? might indicate the pitch in cms, about two feet seven inches.

With kind regards,

Bob
    Bob Gardner
    Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
    http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Bob-
      I appreciate the quick reply and the estimation regarding my propeller. Do you information regarding the Hirth Nabe plate affixed to the front of the hub? I read somewhere that Hirth was an engine manufacturer and wondered if the "H" designation referred to the powerplant. Again, thanks for all the info you provide in the propeller realm.

BJ

Comment

Working...
      X