help in identifying propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help in identifying propeller

Have attached photos of prop that im trying to figure out - I sent photos and info to Hartzell as they used to be very good but it would appear old guard has retired. They placed it on a Curtiss Robin and attached a grainy photo of said airplane with a similar hub. The only problem that occured to me is the decal ( which is original ) predates the aircraft by about 10 years. The Propeller in Question : 104 1/2 inches , Back of hub 14 1/2 " front in outline of crush plate 6", hub is 4 1/2 ' deep, front bade as noted in photo stamped ox-5 RH other side 7176, back of hub 7176T -Unfortunatly at some point in its life it was refinished but original decals remain.
    Attached Files

I have two listings for Hartzell with that diameter and pitch (104 x 60) but one of them just specifies OX 5 and "special". The other lists OX 5 but includes a note, "Alexander Industries, Ind 2". I have no idea what that indicates.

Comment

many thanks

Originally posted by Dbahnson View Post
      I have two listings for Hartzell with that diameter and pitch (104 x 60) but one of them just specifies OX 5 and "special". The other lists OX 5 but includes a note, "Alexander Industries, Ind 2". I have no idea what that indicates.
      many thanks for your effort Best Michael

Comment

Alexander Industries refers to the Alexander Eaglerock Biplane built in Colorado in the mid 1920's. There is a very nice example hanging in the Seattle airport with the OX-5 engine and a flared hub Fahlin propeller.
        Scott

Comment

Originally posted by msprior01 View Post
          Alexander Industries refers to the Alexander Eaglerock Biplane built in Colorado in the mid 1920's. There is a very nice example hanging in the Seattle airport with the OX-5 engine and a flared hub Fahlin propeller.
          Scott
          Thanks for the input. That's probably a match. I also noted in my listing that the "2" probably simply refers to the number of blades.

Comment

Thank you both for taking the time - although Seattle Eaglerock has very slightly different hub the blades are identical

Comment

Working...
            X