Any info about this appreciated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any info about this appreciated?

I brother inlaw just brought this over to our home and we know nothing about. Any info appreciated. Thanks!
    Attached Files

It's hard to make out the stampings, as the prop has been refinished at some point, but it's likely a prop designed for use on one of the Curtiss flying boats, either the F model of the MF model (modified "F").

A model number 10001 was made by both Lang Propeller and Jamestown (Falcon) propeller. One was 8' 2" and the other was 8' 4", so you should measure yours to see which one it was likely to be. It may also have been manufactured by another manufacturer under an agreement with them.

If you can verify that a "W" precedes the 10001 number then it's more likely that it was made for an Aeromarine 39 A Boeing and Standard.

It's one of the few props whose number appears on the attached copy of items put up for auction in 1920. Note that its production cost was $85 and it's sale price was $10 at the time.
    Attached Files

Comment

It 8 ft 4. With Hub dimensions I found online it shows it only went on a Hall-Scott A7A engine. With being refinished is it worth the 800 he paid? I just like it and going to hang up in home. I like the history. We put oil on it so it shows a shiny sheen otherwise it was dull .

Comment

Easily worth the $800. It may be a Jacuzzi prop. I know of several people looking for one if you decide to sell it.

Comment

Working...
        X