Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PROPELLER IDENTIFICATION

I picked up a prop fairly cheap and would like some help identifiying it

It appears old and is not in airworthyness condition. Wooden with metal leading edges and on the tips. Measures 66 inchs high. It has 6 mounting holes 1/2 in in diameter each. The bore (center hole) measures 2.6 inches, while the the outside diameter of the mounting hole measures 6 inches. there is a steel 6 inch mounting plate 1/2 inch thick that fits on the front No decals left on it. It has remnants of at least 2 paint jobs over the wood. can't tell what type of wood it is. No other markings on it, It was a reject from a transportation museum that has a fairly significant collection of world war 1 aircraft. I was told it was for a german aircraft but nothing to support that. Any ideas would be appreciated. Have another prop I would like to identify as well but would like to start with this.
    Thanks D Orcutt

P.s. enjoy your web site.

It's not at all likely to be WW1 and also not likely to be German, based on the size of the prop and the description of the hub.

Without markings it would be impossible to identify for sure, but what you describe is a typical 1930's or 40's "modern" style prop that would fit on a small (40 HP) engine.

A picture would help.

Comment

Will try to get a picture to you to help. thanks for the reply

Comment

Working...
      X