• Time
  • Show
Clear All

AEG G4 Fotos

this AEG G4 has exact the same propeller
    Attached Files

Comment

Many thanks Thomas,

These are excellent photographs for which I am most grateful. I'll use them in the book with a credit to you. Tell me your surname please. I have copied the photo of the AEG G4 as well!

mit freundliche Grüssen,

Bob
      Bob Gardner
      Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
      http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Wolff Propeller

Hello Bob i say thanks that you make my Fotos in your book best regards Thomas Schug

Comment

Propeller unknown

Hi Bob, I have a question. I got this beautiful propeller, unfortunately the good part has been completely sanded, the whole Stemplungen. But I think that it is a German propeller from the First World War? He is 2.50 meters long. I would be grateful if you could help me. Best regards Thomas
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Thomas,

Am I correct when I see unfinished pinewood with knots in it?

If so, it would be a modern reproduction.

Sorry...

I hope I am wrong.

Best regards,

Comment

Originally posted by F.D.M View Post
              Hi Thomas,

Am I correct when I see unfinished pinewood with knots in it?

If so, it would be a modern reproduction.

Sorry...

I hope I am wrong.

Best regards,
              Hmmmm,

Except for the wood, the general aspect makes me very dubious... and rings this kind of bell, specially the hub:
              http://www.leboncoin.fr/decoration/8...05.htm?ca=12_s
              (clic on pic to see larger ones).

Regards,
              PM

Comment

Propeller unkown

Hi, thanks for the info. It could be that his Repro's propeller, it will look similar to that of leboncoin from. The Propller is worked only slightly finer. These good repro pieces have not seen until now. Regards Thomas

Comment

Generator Propller Rescchke

Hello Bob i wish you a happy new year and i hope that we get very interrested Propellers this year.
                  I was get two litle german Propellers from Reschke. I think that is a Generator Propeller from a German Riesenflugzeug?
                  Best regards Thomas
                  Attached Files

Comment

Generator Propeller Reschke

Type A 0 DRGM and Type G DRGM
                    Attached Files

Comment

Guten Tag Fozzie,

You are a lucky man to find these two auxiliary propellers. They are very rare. And to have one with the Reschke decal is even better.

I know little about the use of these small props. They are generally called Generator Props which suggests they were only used for electricity, but I have seen some reports that suggest in the Royal Flying Corps they were also employed to move fuel and lubricating oil.

It is interesting to note that they still exist in modern civilian large aircraft where they are called a RAT, a Ram Air Turbine which, when the electrics of an airliner fail, can be dropped into the airstream to generate electricity.

They have existed for over a hundred years. I have seen examples on surviving airframes such as the Vickers Vimy, civilian airliners from the 1930's such as the DH Rapide and post war on many civilian aircraft such as the Tri-Star. They were also used on military aircraft post war such as the Handley Page Victor, which I regard as one of the most beautiful of aircraft.

Ich wünsche Ihnen ein frohes neues Jahr !

With kind regards,

Bob
                      Bob Gardner
                      Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
                      http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Reschke Propeller

Hello Bob best thanks for the Information i am very happy with the reschke Propeller best regards Thomas

Comment

WWI Propeller witha Clock

Hello Bob, i have get this Propeller with a german Clock inside( Junghans).The propeller is 1.50 meters long and has no stamping. It looks like there has never been a second hand on one side. It could be a french propeller? A Gallia? Have you see something like this?Best regards Thomas

Comment

Fotos Propeller wtih a clock
                            Attached Files

Comment

That is just a piece of a whole propeller that probably had one tip damaged, so someone cut along a circle to remove the damaged end, then cut (likely with a band saw) a circle within the center of the hub to allow installation of the clock. The slit on one side is where the band saw blade entered the center of the hub, and it likely took a number of separate cuts to eventually create the circular hole.

You will never be able to identify the propeller or even the country of original manufacture. There are just too many possibilities and it's not even worth the effort to try to establish that aspect, since the blade/clock is not worth much in the first place.

(A "single blade" propeller only exists if it has a counterweight opposite the airfoil blade. See attached Everell propeller, the only single blade prop that I'm aware was ever manufactured.)

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X