Showin off the Sensenich Model 82RS72

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showin off the Sensenich Model 82RS72

Big thanks to Lamar for helping ID the prop. Sorry for the not so great quality, its from my camera phone. My digital is at work.

Thanks for letting me show off the prop. Opinions recommendations are welcome.

-Andrew

Lovely prop Andrew. Thanks for showing it to us. I do like props with a built up hub, which formed the streamlined base for the spinner.

With regards,

Bob
    Bob Gardner
    Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
    http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Serial Number

Thats incredible. I have the same prop serial # 65854. Mine has a "brand" of an anchor with US around it, do you have that as well and do you know what that means? If I had to guess I'd say that it has something to do with the fact that it was used on seaplanes.

Also, thought you might be interested to know that I have found these props on sale online for $600-$1600.

(I don't actually own the prop, I belong to the Commemorative Air Force, FL Wing and they own it)

Comment

Nice prop, it really is and in excellent condition too, a real plus.

The anchor 'brand' indicates it was used on US Navy seaplanes rather than civilian seaplanes.

Comment

What Plane?

But what plane would the Navy have flown that would use this prop?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbeartr57 View Post
            But what plane would the Navy have flown that would use this prop?
            This prop fit the Grumman G-44 Widgeon, designated J4F by the US Navy.

Comment

Working...
            X