Sensenich 43K13605 T-50 or AT-17 Rare Propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensenich 43K13605 T-50 or AT-17 Rare Propeller

I am helping a co-worker sell her propeller. Her father was the original owner of Monarch aviation. He had this Sensenich 43K13605 prop since new. It includes the back plates and mounting hardware. She does not want to sell it, but do to hard economic times she is forced to sell. This prop has the Rare "Lititz" decals. Overall I would still fly behind this prop.
    It would look great behind a bar or in a hunting lodge.
    Latest Values place this propeller in the $1700-$2400 range.
    She is willing to haggle some, but does not want to give away the farm.

This propeller fits the Cessna T-50 "Bobcat" and the AT-17 Bamboo Bomber.
    These aircraft were widely used as millitary trainers.
    Please contact me with all questions and offers you might have.

please post pictures of your prop

As an owner of a S&S propeller that fits an avro anson, I found your post to be interesting. In my front yard is the skeleton fuselage of a Bamboo bomber ( T-50 Bobcat ). I would like to see some pictures of this prop that you have described, as many others would as well. Perhaps our aviation community here in Seattle might be interested in buying it.

Sincerely,
    Dennis Hicklin

Comment

Pics soon

Dennis,

Thank you for the reply. We will get pictures posted this afternoon.

Thanks,

Tony

Comment

Pics are posted, Sorry for the delay.

Comment

price and condition comparison

Hey Tony, thanks for the pictures of your friends prop. Ok, here are some elements you may wish to consider. First of all, that prop isnt a rare one, its only the decal of the earlier version that is rare. The backing plate as well really doesnt add or detract from the value.

Right now, go on ebay and check out the simular prop offered by " cancun monkey " its a NOS prop that came in the original crate with all of the original paper workl as well. They are asking for 5900.00 for that prop. Its flawless and its in pristine condition. Will they get it, who knows, the market is fickle.

So compare the condition of your friends prop and the condition of the prop on ebay and ask yourself, which one you would pay 2000.00 for right now.

With all due respect, considering the condition, ( cosmetic dents and dings and cracks and one seperation line ), that prop isnt airworthy, and your friend would be lucky to get $1000.00 for it as is where is. As stated, the market for props changes from day to day.

But hey, try your luck on ebay, she might get lucky. Good luck on the potential sale.

Sincerely,
          Dennis Hicklin
          Seattle Washington.

Comment

Dennis,

Looks like you just broke a young lady's heart.

We thank you for your time and information.

Thanks for doing your part to keep General Aviation Alive!!!

Tony.

Comment

price and condition reality

Hey Tony. Well Tell your friend, its certainly not the intention of me to ever break anyones heart over great old wood that can be percieved to be rare or valued by a vast array of parameters that can be easily be inflated.

That sentimental element can often skew ones sense of what the prop is actually worth. In todays market, there is such volitility on a daily basis that the value of props changes often. As stated, its the history and category of any individual prop, along with the pictures of its present condition that truly do help to determine what the current value of the prop is.

As Dave has stated many times, it appears that Ebay is one of the daliy markets that can help to illustrate what people are paying for old wooden airscrews.

If I were your friend, I would just decide to keep it, once sold, you only have money in your hand, you dont have the memories anymore that were generated by the prop each time you saw it.

The wooden props from days gone by are time capsules that are full of history, she should consider her self lucky that she has a prop that is from her familys history, money cant buy that.

Sincerely.
              Dennis Hicklin
              Seattle Washington

Comment

Working...
              X