Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Prop ID

Hello Forum,

I've got a prop I'm hoping to ID that's sitting in an antique shop. The dealer said it came from an estate sale of a WW2 pilot that passed away; the prop came out of a barn or hanger from the airfield he either owned or ran. He didn't have any historical info on it, so I'm trying to verify if this is real or fake, and if it's real, is there any possibility of figuring out how old it is, what kind of airplane it may have been used on, and so forth. I think it may be a Sensenich Brothers prop, based on the logo shadow (see second pic). I didn't find any numbers or letters on it, but those could be under the metal hub I suppose.

Any help is much appreciated!

You may need to reduce the file size of the photos. If you don't know how to do that you can send them to me at dave at woodenpropeller.com and I can upload them here.

There are hundreds of different Sensenich models, so we'll probably need the stamped information. At the very least, please measure the length from tip to tip.

Comment

I've got a new link to the photos; hopefully they work.

The prop is 102" tip to tip.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/BE1iSKZWfndzih6X6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/J7d2rVUG2DDKWSGa9

Comment

It looks similar to a Sensenich logo but the outline is much straighter than the Sensenich ones. That may be because you are seeing the outline of the acetate rather than the printed surface, but I'd have to take a closer look at one of their decals to be sure. I think it might be another company but I'll have to look through some photos to remember which one.

In the meantime, if you can accurately measure the hub dimensions and post them here I'll try to see they can narrow down the engine possibilities. (The chart references WW1 era engines, but I have another listing of modern props that might be helpful.)

Comment

Working...
        X