Please Help: Hall Scott - L6 Hamilton Aero Propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help: Hall Scott - L6 Hamilton Aero Propeller

Recently acquired this Hamilton Aero Milwaukee Wisconsin airplane propeller from an old barn in Wisconsin. Im trying to find out which types of aircraft it could be used for. Best I could find was an early Boeing Model C, but im not sure about that either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
    PropArt
    Attached Files

That's probably a good bet, although it looks like several other early Boeing models also used the Hall Scott L6 engine, including the Model BB L6. Evidently the BB L6 was a tractor airplane and the B1 was a pusher. I'm guessing that the tractor version used a right hand propeller and the pusher required a left hand rotation.
    Dave

Comment

Thanks so Much Dave!! I love your website by the way!

Comment

Dave,

After exploring several other articles and looking at some photos I do believe your correct, that this could have been on the BB-L6 (Model . As far as I can tell Boeing only produced one of these planes though and it burned in a fire back in the 1920's. Of course this plane could have gone through a few propellers during its time and might explain why one of the tips is cracked and pretty beat up.

I cant find anything else and have been looking for over a week straight.

What do you think? I want to sell it as well and want to be as accurate as possible with what it went on.

Thanks

PropArt

Comment

Without knowing exactly what drawing number went on what aircraft, it's only going to be an educated guess at best. It's possible that they might have enough information at someplace like NASM, but I sort of doubt it.

But I don't see a lot of other uses for the Hall Scott L6 engine so the likelihood of that being the correct application seems fairly high. It looks to be in nice shape. Are there decals on the blades? It looks like intact canvas from the photo, which is good.
          Dave

Comment

Working...
          X