• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help to identify propeller please

The numbers on the prop are 707/80 (90)
    ser 23659
    rmp 2000

I've come up with B17L or Cessna ST-50. Is there any way to know which one or when the prop was built? How about a price I should pay for it?

Thanks,
    Brian

It's unlikely that you would be able to narrow it down any further that the published applications for which it was designed. To my knowledge, Sensenich is the only manufacturer that has published a guide for manufacturing dates, and that doesn't appear to be a Sensenich design number.

Value is very dependent on condition, and covers a wide range. Check eBay for completed sales of similar props for a guide.
    Dave

Comment

Actually I believe that is a Sensenich design number. A reference of serial numbers to date of manufacture is here http://woodenpropeller.com/Sensenichdates.pdf.

Like Dave says, condition is everything in the valuation.

Lamar

Comment

Thanks guys!
        The owner changed his mind on selling the prop so I'm still hunting for one...
        If anyone has a nice one for sale I would love it for my cottage.

Comment

Originally posted by MWP_Lamar View Post
          Actually I believe that is a Sensenich design number. A reference of serial numbers to date of manufacture is here http://woodenpropeller.com/Sensenichdates.pdf.

Like Dave says, condition is everything in the valuation.

Lamar
          I always thought that was a Hartzell number. But you are correct. I notice that Sensenich has it listed as well.
          Dave

Comment

I never noticed that Dave. I wonder if one made the prop under contract from the other? I have a large ground adjustable prop made by Hartzell under contract from Hamilton Standard.

Lamar

Comment

Working...
            X