X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40's Fahlin Propeller

Hello all,
    New member, first post.

I have been looking around for a while here as a non member, but can't seem to find the info I'm looking for. I have an old Fahlin Propeller from the 40's for a Stinson L-5 from what i have gathered so far. With that said, The story behind it I got from a family member is that it was never mounted on a plane and was stored in a local surplus depot locally until they picked it up 50+ years ago. since then, it has been stored in a bedroom hidden away.

I have been trying to find its worth and just any more info I can get on it. Looking at the hub and bolt holes, they do not look like they have ever had anything in them or tightened against them. I asked if it had ever been refurbished, and was told it had not been. It has been how it since it was picked up from the depot before it closed. It did come with the star cover that you see in the pictures.

Anyway, any more info from you folks would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    Attached Files

"Value" fluctuates but your best bet is to watch "completed listings" on eBay to see what similar propellers have actually sold for. (Opening bid prices are often ridiculously optimistic.) Use on the Stinson L5 appears accurate based on the military drawing number, 43K23447, which is a 1943 military contract number and yours was probably manufactured in 1944.

I think if you plan to sell it you should remove the star on the hub and see what's beneath it. Some of those were cut out for a clock and the defect subsequently covered with something else, which alters any value considerably.

Comment

Thanks. Appreciate the info. I did try to find out what i could. Didn't want to come in with out doing some research. I know that can be frowned upon lol.
      Here are 2 pictures of under the star and the backside as well.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X