Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VERY LONG (8'. 6" Wooden prop), help id'ing and valuation (I am trying to purchase it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VERY LONG (8'. 6" Wooden prop), help id'ing and valuation (I am trying to purchase it

This came from a nearby barn, is very very long (8 foot, 6" and is on the skinny edge..there is some penciled writing on it "Mollison Airport Dedication, 1933", William Mcmullen)- a bit barn weathered and a bit skinny with quite acurve to it...any help would be much appreciated!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by vermont4me; 03-15-2017, 11:03 AM. Reason: uploading pics

I'm not sure what is going on with the hub there, but if you can remove the plate to see what is behind it that would help. Also, if you can find any stamped information on it, that might help as well.

Overall I wouldn't spend a lot of money on it without knowing more about its condition (including the hub situation).

There's a possibility that the manufacturer was Hamilton Aero, which would date it in the 1920s. See this propeller for a similar general blade outline. Look closely for stampings in the metal sheathing, which was sometimes used on Hamilton props. The decal looks "similar" to a Hamilton decal, although the orientation is different, but a close up of the decal might help narrow down the manufacturer.

Comment

Vermont Propeller!

If you decide not to purchase or can't agree on a price, please contact me as I may be interested in buying.
      Thanks, Scott
      msprior02@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
      X