Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90" Stone Supreme Wooden Propeller

ll,

Several years ago I came across what I believe is a 90" Stone Supreme Wooden Propeller. I am preparing for a out of state move and attempting to downsize. I would like to sell the Stone Propeller and look forward to discuss reasonable offers. I check my messages daily or can be reached at the following ell #: 815.900.8220

Regards,

Big Mike
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Big Mike; 12-24-2019, 06:30 PM.

Is there any identifying information stamped on it?

Comment

Yes, there is a Stone Supreme sticker on the blade.

Comment

I have attached a pic of the Stone Supreme sticker.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
          But if there is no stamped information to identify it you won't be able to determine what plane it was used for. You might narrow it down to several models by its diameter, but even then I don't know of a reference that would tell you which aircraft and/or engine it was designed for.

But according to my listing an 8 bolt hole hub and 90" diameter would correspond to Model S225 which was for a 225 HP engine. The Type Certificate expired in 1957, so my guess is that it was manufactured in the 1940s or 50s.

It's unusual for a finished prop to not have data stamped on the hub.

Comment

I apologize for my lack of aviation knowledge. You are correct. There is a stamp on the hub area. It is difficult to read in its entirety but I see the following characters:

ENGR 7559
            HP 225

There are additional characters after that. I see the numerals 2000 at the end.

I have attached a pic of the stamp.

Comment

A picture would help. There are only certain things it could be, so sometimes they have to be interpreted a little bit. Good close-ups are helpful.

Comment

Working...
              X