Help needed in identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed in identification

Hi! Would anyone be able to help me identify a propeller please?

I have an 8 hole/ two bladed wooden propeller with the following markings:

.G.642. N.24
    -A.B. 7873
    180 HISPANO-SUIZA
    .D-2414 : P-1710.

Thanks in advance!
    Mat.

Unfortunately, that number doesn't show up among the 120 or so "AB" prefixed ones listed.

There is, however an "AB7673" model with that exact length and pitch that was used on an SE5A or Dolphin with a Wolesly Viper engine. If the "8" is actually a "6", that's your answer.
    Dave

Comment

Identification

Hi Dave. Thanks ever so much for your reply. Upon closer inspection I can see that the figure is a '6' not an '8' - So that's great, I really didn't expect it would be that easy to identify - Thanks very much indeed!
      If it doesn't sound too mercenary, may I ask your opinion with regards to a general value? The prop actually belongs to a friend of mine who was given it by a pub landlord when he was helping him move out. He would like to sell it, so any advice would be most appreciated.
      Thanks again,
      Mat.

Comment

My advice, of course, is to sell it to me.

Its value depends so much on its condition that I wouldn't be able to venture a guess at this point, and I'm not sure how much you should rely on a value estimation from someone who obviously wants to be the buyer anyway.

Can you post a picture?
        Dave

Comment

I am not interested in purchasing it Mat. Perhaps I can help out here. If you email me a picture I'll post it here, too.

Lamar

Comment

Hi Thanks for your help and sorry for my late reply. I'm having trouble sending photo's as I'm not too PC literate, please bare with me while I sort things out this end. Regards, Mat.

Comment

Working...
            X