Rare propeller from De Haverland D H 3 A prototype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare propeller from De Haverland D H 3 A prototype

Hi, my name is Paul im new to this forum so hi to everyone..
    Last year a friend of mine was having a bit a clearout , He said would you like this old ww1 propeller ( blades removed) i said yes , so i took it home and thought i would find out what plane it was off . Well after six months of reserch ive found out.. Its from a DeHaviland D H 3 A push bomber twin engine . My reserch tells me that there was only 2 DH3A ever made and only 1 DH3 made, and all but one was distroyed on a bonfire at R A F Hendon.. Now this prop was beleved to have been taken off of DH3A By my frends father just after ww1 . The plane was found in a hanger in northen france.. where it was striped and most of it was distroyed. all that was to have been saved was propellers and cable links.. also in my reserch i found that the other prop is in RAF storage in Staford uk

If you want to know anymore about please post it.... also im thinking of selling it if any one is intrested

Hi Paul,
    When you say "blades removed" do you mean that it's just the hub?
    If you send me a photo I can post it here.
    Dave

Comment

Paul sent me photos, but they're too small to be of much use. It is just the hub section from a propeller with the following stampings:

I P C
      D. 2,70
      P 2,36?
      HP 160 BEARDMORE
      DE H 3
      DG 2302
      B.17466
      Dave

Comment

Paul,

The DH3's had the Integral Propeller Company drawing numbers of IPC 2301 and 2302. Both had the same diameter, 2700mm but the 2301 prop had a slightly smaller pitch than yours at 2250mm.

With best wishes,

Bob
        Bob Gardner
        Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
        http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gardner
          Paul,

The DH3's had the Integral Propeller Company drawing numbers of IPC 2301 and 2302. Both had the same diameter, 2700mm but the 2301 prop had a slightly smaller pitch than yours at 2250mm.

With best wishes,

Bob

Hi Bob, have you any idea how much this is propeller hub is worth .

Thanks Paul

Comment

Working...
          X