Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identifing this propeller?

Hello,

If possible, could anyone give any information to which plane this propeller belonged, or any more info, anything you have. The propeller is about 3 or 4 meters form tip to tip. This is whats engraved in it:

Code:
    Berlin
    13 6 26
    A.X.I NE.
    260PSD313ST170
    T.P.5318
    NIL.DR.UK
    Even pictures?
    Thanks!

The "N" is more likely an "L", which would make "AXIAL" and the other numbers tell you that it was made for a 260 HP engine (?Mercedes, I'd have to check) and that the diameter is 313cm and the pitch is 170 cm. I'm not sure about the other numbers, and I'm not near my reference material for another week. I might be able to narrow it down when I can look through some files.
    Dave

Comment

Thanks, I'll be waiting for more information!
      Maybe I'll be able to take a picture of it some day, it's not in my possession at the moment. I'll see what you come up with when you have more info, thanks again!

Comment

Hi,

Any more info on this ?
        Thanks!

Comment

I looked through what little information I have about German props, but couldn't find anything that would identify yours. I think it was made in 1926, as Axial did continue to manufacture propellers after the war.
          Dave

Comment

Actually, I'm not sure about Axiall. I know Heine made them after the war. Does yours have metal sheathing? That's often an indication of post WW1 German propellers.

Comment

There is metal in the center (like your avator picture) and on the ends of the tips as well, where it rotates (protection plates?). Does this help?

Thanks!

Comment

It's probably a post WW1 era prop then, as metal sheathing wasn't common on the earlier German props.

A photo might be of some help.
                Dave

Comment

Working...
                X