2 bladed fudge prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 bladed fudge prop

I wonder if anyone knows what year this prop is. I just got it and when I got it I though it was for a plane. I'm still going to keep it I think it is real cool. It has a ( c ) stamped on it were the bolt holes are and has a 5 bolt hub which I will lathe a new one for the prop to display it with.
    Thanks
    blackmax
    Attached Files

It looks like either an ultralight prop or perhaps for an air boat or snow sleigh. I doubt that it's for a certificated aircraft. I'm guessing that it's fairly recent manufacture (i.e. past 40 years or so).

Generally speaking, it's best not to alter it in any way for display purposes.

EDIT: Just found this thread here and another link about the snow sleigh.

Comment

2 blade

Thanks for the site's ''cool stuff'' this prop came from a old drug store in Sherwood park AB. The gentleman I got it from has had it for 40 years and he is 91 now. He thinks it from an air boat but was not sure fudge made air props. all I'm looking for is an app year made. my brother in law things it was 1929 but not sure. but thanks for the site's anyway.

Comment

Well, according to the linked article it could go back as far as 1932 when the Fudge company started making their snow sleigh, and their propellers. I don't know how you'd ever find exactly when after that the prop was actually manufactured, although it might be possible to find out when Fudge stopped manufacturing, then at least you'd have a range. According to this link it does look as if snowplanes and sleighs became obsolete in the 1950s.

Comment

Working...
        X