Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identifying Heine propeller

Hi all,

I’ve just gotten a propeller from my neighbours that was from their grand parents. It seems to be in pretty good shape.

I have tried to identify it but I didn’t get very far. All I know now is that it’s probably post ww1 due to the metal leading edges.

The brand is Heine and I believe it was used on a 650ph/hp Wright engine.

The stamp on the base says:
    650PS
    Heine
    D303 or D305
    H150
    Heine

See pictures.

I would like to know what era it’s from and if possible also what plane it comes off.

It would be amazing if somebody could help me!

Kind regards, Mengel
    Attached Files

I can't help other than to say that Heine props with the serial number 40xxx were made for civilian German aircraft after 1925 but before 1930 when prop serial numbers reached 50,000. At this time Germany imported aero-engines such as the Rolls-Royce 350ps, the Liberty 400ps and the Napier Lion of 450ps

With kind regards,

Bob
    Bob Gardner
    Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
    http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Thank you very much for your reply Bob!

Not that I’m planning on selling it (I will put it on the wall at some point) but what would be an approximate value for such a prop? Without any cracks/damage?

Kind regards,
      Mengel

Comment

Good Morning Mengel,

Heine was the leading prop maker in Germany from c1912 to 1945 and his props are held in high esteem. Props from WW1, particularly from famous aircraft such as the Fok D.VII, are the most valuable. Yours dates from the late 1920's and was probably made for a civilian aircraft. I value it at around €1000.00. Polish it with bees-wax polish every few months.

With kind regards,

Bob
        Bob Gardner
        Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
        http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Working...
        X