Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pmdec View Post
    Hi Dave,

But they ARE identical. Why do you say yours is a left hand? It is exactly the same as the one in Blow Up, a right hand pitch: When you look from the rear of the plane, as it has to be done, the prop turns same way as a clock hands.

Regards,
    PM
    Yikes! PM, I am afraid (for me) that you are absolutely correct!

I looked at my stack of propellers and saw the Chauviere propeller with a left hand thread, which I mistakenly thought was the one for the DH1. In fact it's for an Anzani engine and sits directly on top of the DH1 propeller.

I apologize for the confusion and for not paying more attention to my own photos.

So I also think that you are correct that Lilly's prop is mis-stamped as a tractor instead of a pusher.

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Dave,
      Originally posted by Dbahnson View Post
      .../... I looked at my stack of propellers .../...
      Perhaps you have too much of them... As you make me (and many people) glad with this forum, I will accept to get you rid of some free of charge! I even will myself take them ... as soon as I can travel again

PM

Comment

PM, I had too many of them, but over the years have probably sold or traded around 80 of them. I've kept most of the ones that I like the most.

There are a few hanging on walls, but this is most of what's left. Rhett Taber, who has also contacted you, is equally anxious to be in line for any give-aways.

A few years ago there were two racks there and both were stacked to the top.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

I am afraid our exchange seems to exclude Lilly! Please, Lilly6, post the "lateral" picture of the hub (the side without markings): I am very interested in understanding how the laminations of your prop are stacked up.

Regards,
          PM

Comment

Hi

Hi
            Sorry pmdec I did not reply to your message sooner as things in the world rather took over & I have only just come back onto the forum.
            I still have to prop & am still interested in finding more about it,also sharing it with anyone who is interested.
            I have included photos of what I think you were asking for pmdec hopefully.
            If this is not what you meant please let me know.

Kind regards Lilly
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Lilly,

The pic I would look at are "side" pics (like the two last above, but with a larger part of the blades: what I don't understand is that it seems there are thin "laminations" glued on the blades (see the pic I posted 03-16-2020, 01:41 PM on page 1 of this thread) and I wished to see how it is done "from the side".

As the pics have to be large and clear, perhaps it is not possible to post them on the forum (too large size files): Please, send them to pmdecombeix at yahoo dot com

Best regards,
              PM

Comment

Originally posted by pmdec View Post
                Hi Lilly,

The pic I would look at are "side" pics (like the two last above, but with a larger part of the blades: what I don't understand is that it seems there are thin "laminations" glued on the blades (see the pic I posted 03-16-2020, 01:41 PM on page 1 of this thread) and I wished to see how it is done "from the side".

As the pics have to be large and clear, perhaps it is not possible to post them on the forum (too large size files): Please, send them to pmdecombeix at yahoo dot com

Best regards,
                PM
                Let us know what you think if you see the photos pmdec please.

Comment

Working...
                X