Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me to identify this Sensenich prop

Hi there,

I've got a Sensenich propeller but i can't find any info about it on the net. Thats why i need an expert to take a look at it....Any info about the prop is welcome....

thank you...

pics can be found:

http://www.marktplaats.nl/index.php?...300b722%23bids

You would need to get the design number, usually stamped on the hub, to identify it. It looks like one of the common props for a Continental A65 engine that was used on a variety of aircraft, but you just can't tell from the picture alone. It's got the older style "Lititz" decals, which are more desirable, IMHO.
    Dave

Comment

But there are more pictures on that site....3 in total. You've seen them all?
      Thanks for your reply!

there's is a number on the prob: 1B8642

Comment

I looked at all the pictures. It's very nearly impossible to identify a wooden prop by its appearance alone. The only way to identify it conclusively is by the design number or drawing number markings on the prop itself. In Sensenich's case the design number begins with two numbers followed by one or some letters followed again by some numbers. Usually (but not in all cases) the first two numbers correspond with the prop diameter. The design number may be preceeded by "DES".

Lamar

Comment

but what means "1B8642" isn't that something of an id number? That's the only number I can find on the prop.

Comment

Unfortunataely I don't know what that means. It isn't a Sensenich design number I have any documentation on.

Lamar

Comment

Found some more info on the prop:

Model: 43K10107
              Serial No.: AF43-B-8642

tia

Comment

OK! Now we're getting somewhere! Your prop was made under a 1943 contract with the U.S. military. It's the civilian equivalent of the Sensenich 72C-44 which fit the following aircraft all equipped with a Continental A 65 hp engine:
                Aeronca 65 TC, 65 TAC, L 3, 058B
                Aeronca 65 C, 65 CA, 7 AC, 11 AC
                Interstate SIA Cadet
                Piper J 4 A
                Porterfield CP65
                Rearwin Skyranger 165
                Taylorcraft BC 65, BC 12 65, L2, DCO 65
                Taylorcraft BC 12D

Lamar

Comment

thank you lamar...... Can you say something about the value of this prob? It's used and damaged on one side....

Comment

I went back and looked at your pictures again. In good condition this prop would sell I'd GUESS for $400 to $600. It's a small prop as wooden props go and a pretty common model. As Dave observed, the Lititz, PA decal is a plus. However, I see at least one hole drilled in a blade and one tip appears to be broken off most likely due to a ground strike. I'd guess around $200.

Lamar

Comment

Working...
                    X