Propeller from a Cirrus Mk II Moth 80 HP "DRG No. 264,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propeller from a Cirrus Mk II Moth 80 HP "DRG No. 264,

My family is dealing with my father's estate. One of the items he possessed was a (ggod condition) propeller from a Cirrus Mk II Moth 80 HP (marked "DRG No. 264, ACG 9388") from 1928. Can anyone provide any idea of the value of this, or suggest who we could contact? A potential buyer has indicated 200 pounds, and I unsure if that is reasonable or not.

PS this is in the UK

A propeller as you describe it would probably sell for around twice that amount on eBay, in my opinion. But the condition is a major factor, and it's almost impossible to even guess at value without seeing it. If you check the "completed items" category after searching under "wooden propeller" on eBay you can get some idea of actual sales, although you probably won't see your exact prop having been sold recently.

YOu might try contacting Bob Gardner at www.aeroclocks.com for his opinion. He's the expert on British props.
    Dave

Comment

OK, many thanks. Actually, the family has decided to give it to a close friend of my father, so the situation is no longer relevant.

Thansk again

Comment

Working...
      X