X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensenich 66CA63

My father gave me a sensenich prop model # 66CA63 serial N1838
    What is it from and what is it's value? Thanks
    Last edited by Swampy; 02-16-2011, 08:38 PM.

I don't see that drawing number listed on the wooden propeller list.

Is it metal?
    Dave

Comment

No it's wood I could not find the model # on the net anywhere. It is in very good shape. My 88 year old father can't remember where he picked it up. He was an Army pilot in WWII.

Comment

new info

The model # is 66CA63 and the serial N1838 and it was made in Lancaster, PA it has 12 bolt holes. Does this help?

Comment

12 bolt holes are unusual, and often represents a second drilling.

Can you post a picture?
          Dave

Comment

I will take a pic in the morning.

Comment

Not 12 bolt holes 8 bolt holes. But the number 12 by the bolts.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for your help.
                Attached Files

Comment

66 inches sure is small for a prop for a certificated aircraft, especially one with an engine needing 8 bolt holes. In addition, serial numbers beginning with N aren't on the list either. The serial number list ends in 1949 so this may be post-1949. That may explain why it's not in the prop list, too. I have no idea what to make of this prop.

Lamar

Comment

I sent a request to Sensenich.

I have very little info on that particular propeller. The drawing shows a rating of 155 hp @ 3200 rpm, as used on a Franklin ACT-298 engine. Someone once told me that the Culver PQ-14 used that propeller, but I don't know anything about that particular aircraft. Culver was well known right before the war for small, two seat airplanes which were pretty fast for their horsepower, usually under 90HP. The only guess is the "Q" which usually means drone. Possibly a culver two place airplane was converted into a high speed drone? I have had calls in the past on this propeller and have yet to find out the exact aircraft or application. A rough calculation indicates high speed operation over 170-190 mph. The serial number indicates manufacture approximately 1947. Unfortunately that's all I have.

Regards,

Charley Denny

Sensenich Propeller

Comment

My father's memory improved a little he picked this up Ft. Bliss in the 50's. It was for a drone. I saw a great how to pack a prop. What is the best way to hang one on the wall?

Comment

I display mine on walls using the design on Dave's Preservation page here: http://www.woodenpropeller.com/preservation.html with excellent results. This device is easy to make too.

Comment

Thanks for the link that is better then the way I was thinking.

Comment

Working...
                          X