• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop ID help please

A2900 stamped on hub.

Thank you for your help.
    Dale
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bigsky205; 08-23-2019, 11:41 AM.

Can you post a picture of the entire prop? Is there anything else stamped on it?

At this point I would guess that it's for a Ranger engine and was manufactured in the 1930s. (So I moved the thread to the “modern” category.)

Comment

Thank you for the response, I added 2 pictures, 1 of the hub, and 1 full length. I was thinking that it night be used on a Fairchild but the s/n is not quite clear enough. It appears to be DES 86RA 64

Comment

It certainly looks like a Sensenich design, Sensenich nomenclature and Sensenich sheathing and fabric. Decals were likely there but have been removed.

If so the 86 refers to its length in inches, the RA is consistent with a Ranger engine, and the pitch is 64 inches. Pitch was usually certificated in a range, so having a number that doesn't show up in their tables is not unusual.

So I'm guessing that it was likely fitted to one of the aircraft listed on this page next to any 86RA model. The serial number would make its manufacture likely to be around 1942.

Comment

Thank you, I was thinking along the same lines. I wasn't able to find the exact s/n in the charts listed
          Makes me happy!

Comment

Working...
          X