Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info needed for this (rare?) Propeller

Hi All,

Sorry for my first post didn’t worked out well, I did it from my iPhone .

I am new in de propellerworld and I was looking for some info, I want some nice decoration I my mancave and I saw this propeller. The seller says it is very special and from the world war 1, he is also saying it has a big value. Since there are a lot of replicas I just want know for sure this is the real deal and how much it is really worth.

I hope somebody can help me!

THanks
    Attached Files

The seller is giving you false information.

The diameter of 1930mm is equivalent to 6 feet 4 inches, which is smaller than virtually all of the propellers used in WW1.

The "Bu 131" stamped on the hub undoubtedly refers to the Bucher 131 Jungmann, a training aircraft first built in 1934, and the propeller may very likely have been manufactured well after that date. The "HM 60R" like refers to its Hirth HM engine.

"Modern" wooden propellers (which this certainly is) command much lower prices than original WW1 and pre-WW1 propellers. I don't know the market for German propellers, particularly post WW1 era, but my guess would be something in the $500 to $800 range in U.S. currency.

The center bore is uncharacteristically small, suggesting that it may have been rejected during the manufacturing process. (I don't know the characteristics of the Hirth engine hub, but most all other hubs have a large center bore to accommodate the crankshaft extension into the metal hub.)

Comment

Working...
    X