ID this prop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID this prop?

Need help finding manufacturer. Hopefully photos uploaded..
    Warren
    Attached Files

The resources to identify this prop. are all here on this website. Because I enjoy doing this sort of thing, I did it for you (maybe one of the authorities on here will confirm my findings):
    Drawing No. 44K15005 corresponds to Sensenich number 85LYA-57, which identifies the aircraft and engine as:
    Stinson L 5 (YA HUB)
    Lycoming O 435 1/190
    Attached Files

Comment

Big thanks to the administrators for providing such an excellent database. 👍

Comment

That all looks correct to me.

Note that the military numbers were provided by Sensenich and correspond to Sensenich civilian models. Several other manufacturers also built under military contract. One reference I have shows that Hartzell also manufactured a model 44K 15005, which was listed as "same as 8516E", which was designated for the same Stinson. See the top of this page.

So it looks as if the manufacturer could have been Hartzell as well as Sensenich, but the usage would be the same for either.

Comment

Thank you very much! Now to make it look nice!

Warren

Comment

Originally posted by Mantruck1963 View Post
            Thank you very much! Now to make it look nice!

Warren
            I'm nearly certain that it's already been stripped of its original varnish (and decals) and judging by the faint stamps probably sanded as well. You can get new decals from nostalgic reflections and re-coat it with varnish, but if you don't please to advertise that it's "original" condition because it won't be.

Comment

Just going to wipe it down and hang it!

Comment

Good strategy.

Comment

Working...
                X