Help to Identify Prop Spain.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help to Identify Prop Spain.

Hi to all the woodenprop community, first of all, let me introduce myself, my name is Enrique Ruiz and i’m a brazilian pilot, now living in Spain, i was wondering if you guys could help me to know little bit more about this prop i bought from a local shop. It looks like someone did some recover work on it so does not have any marks or part numbers, these are the measures in order to better define its size:

From the tip to the center each blade has 92,5 cm, with the round center part 16cm, and each hole at least 2cm, the largest part on each blade has at least 16cm.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Welcome to our forum,

But I regret that I can't identify which aircraft this prop came from. It appears to be modern, by which I mean from the 1960's to the end of the 1970's.

You have probably done this already but search the surfaces in case some traces of the data remains.

I think I recall some French and perhaps American light aircraft with tricycle undercarriages which had three bladed props.

With kind regards,

Bob
    Last edited by Bob Gardner; 11-27-2017, 02:19 PM.
    Bob Gardner
    Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
    http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

It probably can't be identified with any reliability, but my guess is similar to Bob's in that it was probably used on an ultralight or light sport type of airplane.

Something "unusual" is going on around the hub, so I would remove the screwed-on metal components and get a good look at the wood beneath it.

Comment

Hi,

Sorry for appearing to be the bird of ill omen (Ave de mal agüero ?) but:
        - the hub is like ones on deco props like this:

- no stamping,
        - blades seems added to the central part,
        make me think it is just a decoration thing...

Best regards,
        PM

Comment

Working...
        X